The “Dead to Me” ListFebruary 15, 2006 at 2:43 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Tags: amusing, dead to me, rant, television
I was delighted to see on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report, host Stephen Colbert keeps an extensive “on notice/dead to me” list. I’m not the only one! Over the years, various groups and corporations have directly and/or indirectly pissed me off, so I make it my goal to give them none of my money and all of my indignation. Like Stephen, I upgrade and downgrade the order of my list depending on the offense. So today, here’s how they’re all ranking:
Mandy’s “Dead to Me” List
1. USPS – 3 lost packages + 1 impossible insurance claim I’ve given up on = top of the list
2. Southwestern Bell/Verizon/Insert local phone company here
3. Banks. For adding fees. Oh, and almost bankrupting the country. Thanks.
4. Ferrets – it’s a rodent, not a pet.
5. People in Cars Who Don’t Yield to Pedestrians or Bike Riders – strangely, NYC was the least offensive.
6. Cablevision in NY – Heads in asses
7. McDonald’s – and we wonder why we have an obesity epidemic. Why do their french fries have to taste so good? Why!?
8. Oak Park Mall – M.toast puts it best, but try working there through the holidays with a hangover. 20X worse.
9. The Special Olympics – They know why.
Books for this week
Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella. Didn’t get interesting until about halfway through, but it had a cute ending. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Stiff: the curious lives of human cadavers by Mary Roach. Only just started it, but I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorites.