Violet is 2 months old!July 8, 2015 at 2:38 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Tags: Violet's Monthly Updates
My baby is growing by leaps and bounds! Here’s what Violet is up to this month:
- My girl is smiling! We get most of our smiles first thing in the morning during her diaper change. What a wonderful sight to wake up to.
- She’s sleeping a fairly good stretch through the night – usually about four hours from 10-ish to 2-ish. Then she nurses in the bed with me every two hours for the rest of the night so we can both get some sleep. Now I’m finally getting some energy back during the daytime hours.
- She’s been getting fussy during her daytime feedings, and I’m not exactly sure why – perhaps she’s overly hungry or overly tired – but I have found a solution. Without fail, bouncing her on the yoga ball calms her right down and usually puts her to sleep. So I came up with the brilliant idea of bouncing her while we nurse. It was a little awkward at first, but with a little practice I’m able to do it without fear of dropping her. And once her eyes close, she calms down and gets down to business. Liam went through a similar phase with bottles at this age, so I’m certain she’ll outgrow it. It seems both my kids eat better when they’re asleep! And I feel like I’m getting some exercise out of the deal, so it’s a win-win.
- Overflowing poopy diapers appear to be the norm with this one. I’ve been told it’s a breastfeeding thing. I never had this problem with Liam. Quite the opposite, in fact. I’m hoping this bodes well for potty training down the road.
- When Violet was born, I imagined we’d be walking to the park with Liam every morning in the summer. But between her explosive diapers and Liam’s convenient lack of energy (he’ll run around the house all morning, but when asked if he wants to walk to the park, suddenly his legs…just…don’t…work), we’ve only managed a few park outings by car. I guess I’ll take what I can get.
- On the plus side, my recovery is finally complete. My abs are slowly, but surely coming back, and I’m hoping by the time school starts (in 5 weeks, but who’s counting?) I’ll be ready to pick up with yoga and pilates at the Y. I’m also hoping Vi does better at the day care than Liam did. With any luck she’ll just nap the whole time.