Violet is 14 months old!July 11, 2016 at 8:33 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Violet's Monthly Updates
My girl is officially a toddler! Here’s what she’s been up to this month:
- Violet has mastered the art of walking. Unlike her brother, she seemed to catch on a little bit at a time. But once we got back from our Malta trip, she really started taking off. And it is the cutest thing you ever did see.
- It’s not Mama or Mommy, it’s Mom. And she says it like she’s from Chicago.
- We’ve had a rough month of teething. She got two more bottom teeth, one more top tooth, and 3 molars in the past 30 days. She’s had a lot of trouble sleeping.
- When I was a baby my mother used to put books in my crib. I’ve passed on the tradition to Violet. She loves turning the pages in her board books while waiting for me to get her in the morning. I have a video monitor, so I can watch her switch from book to book as she makes her way around the crib. So cute.
- Even though she can walk on her own, she still wants to lead me or daddy around by a finger. Parents aren’t allowed to sit, evidently.
- Along with “hi” she can say “hello.” Except it sounds more like “Heh-row.” She also likes to wave…with both hands.
- No more baby signing — either I’ve gotten lazy with the teaching, or she doesn’t want to do it. Probably a mix of both. Throwing food on the floor means “all done” apparently.
- I’m trying to teach her to be gentle…to no avail. She still pinches, hits and grabs at her family members, much to Liam’s chagrin. We had a play date with her little buddy Jaxon, and she spent most of the time abusing him. He’s a tough nut to crack, though, so he didn’t mind too much. While I’m nursing her she loves to grab my nose and my ears. Sometimes I have to hold her hands down when it gets especially annoying.
- She’s discovered how to pick her nose. Learned that from her brother, I’m sure.