Violet is 19 months old!December 11, 2016 at 10:29 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Violet, Violet's Monthly Updates
This girl is just oozing personality now. Check out what she’s been up to:
- Her two favorite words now are “Phone” and “Applesauce.” And she says both as clear as a bell.
- She’s been known to voice an opinion or two about what she’s going to wear. She’s especially fond of her pink tutu, though it isn’t a daily requirement…yet. She will insist on wearing a bow every day. Now that she has enough hair for pigtails, we often have two bows.
- So it seems we’re potty training now. At her insistence. She sits on the potty every night before her bath. She’s only actually peed once and pooped once in the potty, but we’re definitely planting the seed for success here. She’s been telling me when she poops, so that’s a good sign that we’ll be potty training this one early.
- I finally finished decorating her room. She loves the little 3D purple butterflies.
- Tonight when I changed her diaper, she reached her little hand under my armpit and squealed, “Tickle!” So flippin’ cute.
- At bedtime she has to have her Dolly and her Blankie. She’ll even lead me over to my phone — she knows I like to listen to podcasts while we nurse. These are the three essentials. Whenever she needs a nap or is going to bed, she’ll say, “Nighty-go.”
- This girl loves to sing. She’s got the ABC’s song up to E, and she’ll do all the hand motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider, as best as her clumsy little hands can manage. She’s also tried to count a little, going “two…four” and pointing her finger to things in a book that I typically count out with her.
- Another favorite word…”again.” She likes to read books over, and over, and over again. She’ll also ask for more food with a, “more please.”
We had a very eventful weekend. Here are more photos from the Embassy Christmas Party and the Gymboree Christmas Party we attended on Saturday, and the birthday party we attended at Pipis on Sunday: