Violet is 20 months old!January 11, 2017 at 9:28 am | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Tags: Violet, Violet's Monthly Updates
Look at that smile! She’ll happily say “cheese” if you ask her to. One of many developments in her budding personality. Here are some more:
- At Christmas she received two more baby dolls and a purse with lipstick, compact, smart phone and keys. She also got a little kitchen and a tea set. She loves to walk around the house with her purse on her shoulder and a baby under one arm. Such a girlie girl!
- She also loves to feed her babies. She’ll put one of them in the high chair and offer her snacks. Unlike her, the babies like milk from a “bobble.” She says it just like my sister used to at that age.
- Her vocabulary continues to grow, 100+ words at this point. She heartily points to objects and names them. She repeats any word you ask her to, and some you don’t. I better watch my language! She’s also figuring out sentences. She’ll wave and say, “Bye! Morrow!” She’ll say, “Get that!” when she wants something. Today she said, “Sissy hungry.” She can also say Liam’s name, a very short and adorable, “Leem!”
- Whenever she notices two of something, she’ll immediately call it out. “Two babies!” She’s getting better at counting, as well. “One, two, four, three…”
- This girl loves music. Whenever she hears a song, she’ll stop whatever she’s doing (ahem…nursing) and exclaim, “Song! Dance!” Then she’ll clap her hands, wriggle to get down, and shake her booty.
- And, yes, we’re still nursing. Once she’s finally over this jet lag, I plan to start cutting back to just naptimes and bedtime. This could be a challenge…for us both. It’s nice to have such a quick and easy way to calm her, and she’s getting increasingly agitated about things as she approaches two.
- She often wakes up hungry, declaring she needs, “Snacks!” and then grabs my hand and marches me out the door to the kitchen. I asked the other day if she wanted breakfast. “Yes. Breakfast snacks.”
- She grew four new teeth this month, all four canines. Add to that the jet lag and sleeping in a strange bed for most of the month, and it didn’t make for very restful nights.
- She’ll eat eggs in take-out fried rice, but not scrambled eggs for breakfast. Perhaps I should add soy sauce.
- And just for fun, here’s Liam’s 20-month write up. Check out that silly smile! They are definitely siblings! Although it’s funny to see the differences. Like how she can say 100 words and he could only say a handful. How fearless she is, and how fearful he was (and still is!). How I was so thrilled that he went down the slide all by himself on his tummy, and she’s been a pro at the slide for months. She’s like Liam 2.0!
More fun photos!