Tags: dead to me, rant
It’s all I hear 24/7 from Liam, so now it’s my turn:
- Our bank has decided to make a grab for our money, this time in the form of fees for checking accounts under a certain amount of money. So those separate “allowance” accounts I painstakingly set up last year? The ones that have brokered a peace for our marriage? Yeah, I have to close those. Thanks, Wells Fargo. You’re now on the dead-to-me list. Unfortunately, all the other banks around here do the same, so they can all bite me.
- The Subaru is leaking something all over the garage. It’s a slow leak, one that I’ve let go too long. So I’ve got to take it in Wednesday. And sit at the dealership all afternoon. With a three year old. Life is grand.
- I had a doctor freak out on me today when I told her the dosage and duration of a certain medication I’ve been taking. A medication that keeps me from looking like a leper and passing a highly contagious and uncomfortable virus to my husband and son. I may have to stop taking it. I’m seeking a second opinion.
- Liam. Seriously. I know you don’t want to go to swim lessons. Or take a nap. Or eat your vegetables. I know your program is over and I need to put on another one. I know that you don’t want to go to the potty when I ask you to. But puleeze, for the love of god, stop whining about it.
- I think my UTI is back.
- That doctor got me so freaked out about my kidneys, I skipped my Tylenol PM tonight. And now I’m painfully awake.
- My crock pot broke. It’s only 2 years old. And I can’t find the receipt.
- Liam is still crapping his pants.
And it’s only Tuesday. I think it’s time to add some wine to this whine. Is 1 AM too early to start drinking?
Tags: amusing, dead to me, rant, television
I was delighted to see on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report, host Stephen Colbert keeps an extensive “on notice/dead to me” list. I’m not the only one! Over the years, various groups and corporations have directly and/or indirectly pissed me off, so I make it my goal to give them none of my money and all of my indignation. Like Stephen, I upgrade and downgrade the order of my list depending on the offense. So today, here’s how they’re all ranking:
Mandy’s “Dead to Me” List
1. USPS – 3 lost packages + 1 impossible insurance claim I’ve given up on = top of the list
2. Southwestern Bell/Verizon/Insert local phone company here
3. Banks. For adding fees. Oh, and almost bankrupting the country. Thanks.
4. Ferrets – it’s a rodent, not a pet.
5. People in Cars Who Don’t Yield to Pedestrians or Bike Riders – strangely, NYC was the least offensive.
6. Cablevision in NY – Heads in asses
7. McDonald’s – and we wonder why we have an obesity epidemic. Why do their french fries have to taste so good? Why!?
8. Oak Park Mall – M.toast puts it best, but try working there through the holidays with a hangover. 20X worse.
9. The Special Olympics – They know why.
Books for this week
Shopaholic and Sister by Sophie Kinsella. Didn’t get interesting until about halfway through, but it had a cute ending. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Stiff: the curious lives of human cadavers by Mary Roach. Only just started it, but I can already tell this is going to be one of my favorites.